Make Sure Your Trucking Insurance Covers Multiple Types of Use

Ensuring that trucking insurance policies cover various types of use is essential. Not getting the right insurance can leave your truck unprotected and with a significant bill if something happens. Here are some different coverages you may need, depending on how your truck is used.

Physical Damage Coverage

Physical damage coverage is the basic coverage for a commercial truck. It generally protects against damage to your truck due to accidents, theft, vandalism, or natural disasters. Coverage typically only applies when a truck is being driven for work, such as on the roads around Davie, FL, or interstates heading elsewhere.

Bobtail Coverage for Non-Dispatched Use

Bobtail insurance is designed for instances when the truck is driven without a trailer, which is typically when it’s not under dispatch. This coverage may be important if you regularly return to home base in Davie, FL, after dropping off a load and don’t bring another trailer on the way back.

Downtime Coverage for Non-Driving

When a truck isn’t being driven, downtime coverage can provide protection. It’s not needed when filling up at a gas station but might be required if you regularly spend nights at rest stops.

Non-Trucking Liability Insurance

Non-trucking liability insurance generally offers protection when a truck is used for non-business purposes. It usually covers incidents during personal use, separate from hauling cargo.

Additional Coverage Options

In addition to these coverages, protections such as cargo insurance, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and other protections are often also recommended. At Zot Insurance Agency, our agents can guide you through many coverage options.

Contact us at Zot Insurance Agency today to get help to insure your equipment with commercial truck insurance that provides robust protections.