What Type of Insurance Should An Owner/Operator Carry?

In Davie, FL, owner/operators who drive big rigs for a living can find all the answers they need to important insurance questions by calling Zot Insurance Agency. Over the road trucking and even local route drivers enjoy an exciting career that has many opportunities for advancement. Buying your own tractor and trailer is a huge move upward. It also carries a lot of financial responsibility.

Truck and Auto Coverage

Just like any other vehicle on the road, as an owner/operator, you must carry the appropriate amount of insurance for your type of vehicle. As a vehicle, your tractor must be in compliance at all times with the amount of coverage required by the state of Florida, as well as any other states you may drive through as part of your everyday route. If you want to know the different types of coverage that are available for owner/operators, you need to talk to a licensed insurance agent. 

Business and Liability Coverage

Your rig is your office. It’s how you make your money and what you rely on to do your job successfully. This means you may want to look into various types of business and liability insurance to make sure you are fully protected if an accident occurs. This type of insurance protects your business from financial loss from either a traffic accident or a mishap that occurs with the load you are transporting.

The agents of Zot Insurance Agency are always available to answer any questions you may have concerning ownership of a trucking business. If you live in or near Davie, FL, call the agents today to schedule a consultation and find the answers you need to make an informed choice. We offer insurance solutions to those in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, and Texas.